YC Summer Break: Make Tracks to Altoona
Join Maryland & Virginia Young Cooperators as we make our way to Altoona, Pennsylvania, June 17-18, 2018 for the YC Summer Break.
We will explore the best of what the Morrison’s Cove has to offer, including tours of several Maryland & Virginia member farms. Tours stops include:
- Alson Zimmerman’s farm- a 65 cow tie-stall farm in Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania.
- Kevin and Tonya Brubaker’s farm- a 420 cow dairy with a newer automated calf feeder in Martinsburg, Pennsylvania.
- Mill Hill Farm – owned by the Biddle family in Williamsburg, Pennsylvania with a new freestall barn and dry cow facility for their 350 milking herd.
- Kulp Family Dairy – 2,500 cow dairy in Morrison’s Cove.
- Maple Kroft Farm- a 200 cow dairy owned by Brian and Rachel Detwiler, the 2018 Outstanding YCs.
On the evening of June 17, YCs can relax at the Morrison’s Cove Memorial Park for an optional picnic dinner. The park has something for everyone with a large playground for children and a swimming pool.
If you and your family are able to get away from the farm, plan to join us for the YC summer adventure - a great opportunity to explore fellow farmers’ dairies and make new friends.
Event registration will be open by mid- April. Look for updates on the Maryland & Virginia YC Facebook page, or contact Daniela Roland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-552-1976.