YC Summer Break: Make Tracks to Altoona
Nearly 85 YCs from five states braved the mid-June heat to attend the 2018 YC Summer Break. The group visited the best of Morrison’s Cove’s dairy industry in Blair County, Pennsylvania. From a tie-stall barn to a 1,500 cow dairy, YCs enjoyed learning and networking with fellow Maryland & Virginia producers. Tours stops include:
- Alson Zimmerman’s farm- a 65 cow tie-stall farm in Roaring Spring, Pennsylvania.
- Kevin and Tonya Brubaker’s farm- a 420 cow dairy with a newer automated calf feeder in Martinsburg, Pennsylvania.
- Mill Hill Farm – owned by the Biddle family in Williamsburg, Pennsylvania with a new freestall barn and dry cow facility for their 350 milking herd.
- Kulp Family Dairy – 1,500 cow dairy in Morrison’s Cove.
- Maple Kroft Farm- a 200 cow dairy owned by Brian and Rachel Detwiler, the 2018 Outstanding YCs.
Look for updates on the Maryland & Virginia YC Facebook page, or contact Daniela Roland at firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-552-1976.